I got a 4870 and wasn't expecting much of an increase in performance...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
but none...? wow, that amazed me...no, actually disappointed me, I started up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and didn't really notice much of a difference, I was thinking of playing Crysis through again (last time was on my 4850) so I ran 3DMark06 and got the exact same results with the 4870 as I did with the 4850, actually the 4870 score was 1 pt less, the cpu score was lower but I figured the 4870 would make up for the lower overclock on my Q6600 compared to the higher overclock I ran it with on my E6600 (3.00GHz quad vs 3.2GHz duo)...

WTF...?

You sure you put the right card in...? :p

That sucks. Is everything as it should be in GPU-Z?

You're running at 1680x1050 aren't you? That's why. Try running Crysis where you will definitely see a difference, or try running 3DMark Vantage.

You sure you put the right card in...? :p

That sucks. Is everything as it should be in GPU-Z?

yeah, I've even already flashed the bios twice after editing it in RBE, after the first flash the fan was acting funky, cycling between 0% and 81% back and forth because I think I set the Tslope too steep, I evened it out a bit for the second flash and it's working better now, I'm thinking about putting the ASUS TOP 4870 bios on it, that's the popular one IIRC...

You're running at 1680x1050 aren't you? That's why. Try running Crysis where you will definitely see a difference, or try running 3DMark Vantage.

damn, lol, forgot all about resolution, thanks Rohan...

I think I'll try Vantage...

You're doing it wrong.

Of course there is a difference between the 4850 and the 4870.

you should wait longer for a better upgrade or shouldve spent a lil more for something like a 4870x2 or 4890 at least

Back
Top Bottom