I figured it all out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox1cThreat

In Runtime
Ok, so I finally got my system straight for what Im going to put into my computer for the upgrade! take a look, comments please..

http://tox1cthreat.googlepages.com/mynewrig

(for just the specs, scroll down to the bottom, the explanation is mainly for people who dont understand it (i.e. if I sent it to my parents))..

Thanks!

P.S. I'm looking at a staright AMD system so please, nothing about Intel and by extention conroe, theres enough of that around here already

(and yes, I can do webpages without google, im just lazy and its 2:00am)

You ought to go for 2 gig of RAM. You won't be sorry.

Other than the graphics card (bad experience with ATI), it looks good. I take it that you're gonna salvage parts from your current system to complete the build?

I agree with Trotter on the ram, 2gb isn't much more and you'll really appreciate it. No point in cheaping out on the ram in a nicer pc like this one, plus it'll make future upgradse less painful when you want to move to 4gb. As far as the graphics card I have no problem with ATI I just prefer nVidia.

seems fine.. you do should get a 2gb ram, the video card is OK but its not one of the higher end ones, why not go with a 7900gt? I guess its a bit more money but its worth it aswell.

about the fans, they do the work but to be honest that built in sensor could be annoying at times.

-Jo.

^ true, but the fans I have now are ALWAYS on high. Apire ones that came with the case. theyre constantly at 30.71 Dba, the new ones wont go higher than 22 Dba, and they move more air at that speed (highest speed=highest airflow=highest noise)

I might get 2Gb I was thinking only one because I originally wanted to use 939 and I have 1Gb already, but Im giving it to my mom along with the other stuff from my system, I might up it more in the future. Ill wait untill december (so somone will give it to me haha)..

Trotter - yea Im salvaging what I can: PSU, case, soundcard, hard drives, etc.

Oh quick question -

Will the onboard sound be better than a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer PCI card? (which is what I have)

I dont know if the new sound will be better, but you might as well try, and see if does end up being better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom