I dont know where els to post this but I need help bad

EvrikDruvo

Beta member
I just put together a new computer and it starts up and everything. The first couple times I started it up to install windows and everything after like a min everything shut off and it was making this clicking noise. So i turned it off and restarted a few times but the same thing happened. Then my friend who is better at computers than me tryed reseting the bios or something and moving jumpers around or what ever he did and the only thing that did was made the temp go down like 20 degrees and made it so it took longer for it to shut off. But all it does know is when i put in the windows cd to install it the blue windows screen comes up and it says that its scanning or what ever know it shuts off. So please someone help me.

The clicking noise and Windows going to the blue screen suggests HDD failure, but I'm no expert.

What exactly does the Windows scan try to look for? Is it scanning your hard drive or the Windows installation CD?

Oh im sorry I should have explained better Its not going to a blue windows failur screen it going to the blue windows screen for instalkling windows to my hard drive because its a new computer. And then after that it just shuts off. Could it not have enough power or overheating? It is only running at like 110 degrees.

110 degrees Celsius??? That's way too hot. It is almost definitely shutting down from overheating. Something's wrong.

You should completely remove and reinstall the heatsink/fan assembly. Make sure you're using thermal paste properly, and make sure the heatsink is seated correctly and securely.

Also make sure that the CPU fan is running when you turn it on. If it isn't, SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! Make sure the fan is plugged into the proper fan connection on the motherboard.

Okay, that's not bad. Does it always shut down at the same point in the installation? If so, what point? There might be a hardware problem somewhere. Also, check your BIOS for shutdown temps and shutdown idle times.

I am not to sure but I am pretty sure it shuts down at the same point in the installation but im not sure what that point is

what power supply and heatsink are you using? The power supply if low quality can cause errors as well as the cpu causing the overheating issue.

also if you can post you exact specs.

open up your case and wait for the clicking sound. where is it coming from(what peice of hardware) also try just turning it on but don't try to install windows and see if it still shuts down.

well my computer was overheating but I fixed that problem now the problem is windows. Whenever I go threw that first setup of windows and my computer restarts and the windows ex screen comes up that little blue scrolling bar at the bottem freezes and nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom