I did it ! (and I wanted to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Oldie but a goodie
EDIT: Oops, I thought I was in the General Discussion forum.
@ Mods Sorry.

Hi everyone,

First off, Happy Holidays ! I haven't been around hardly at all, but I still do stop by now and then. It's looking a lot like Christmas around here... ;)

Anyway, I just finished my Associate degree program last week, it took me 5 years to do a two-year program. I took 2 classes a semester while working a full time job and being a granddad as well.

So I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone, and let people out there that want to go to school they can do it, but it means sacrifices and hard work.

This is still the best forum I have ever been a part of, and keep up the good work !

Have a good one !

Eric "oldskool" Maddan

Nice! Doing school with anything else (life, kids, work) makes it exponentially harder than it already is. Serious kudos man!

Congrats, mi amigo. It's good to see you around here again.

I know what you mean about the feeling. I think everyone who wants to go to college ought to have to go out and live in the real world for at least five years. That way they will think that college is a) worth the effort to do well, b) a lot easier than working their butts off to make ends meet, c) something they are willing to work hard at to keep from having to go back to working said butts off, and d) a major accomplishment when you make it through.

Congratulations man! Job well done! You should give yourself a pat on the back, and a pint in the hand :) I will graduate with my associates in a couple of months too :D

Con'grad'ulations! I know how you feel. It took me 7 years to finish a B.S. Working full-time and having a family put homework and loaded school schedules on the back burner.

Are you going on to get a bachelors or are you sticking with the associates?

Congratulations, I've been planning on going back to school for a while now. I think I've finally decided what I'm going to go back for, now it's just to get money for it. What did you get a degree in if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats and a Happy Belated Birthday to you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom