I Ate Cement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I Ate S***

Ever noticed how time slows down when you know you are about to eat it hard.

I've never had a serious crash while riding...yet.

Only time I've ever had time slow on me was a few years back...somewhere inbetween '99-'01...

I was riding on our lil' 3hp minibike...which had no brakes, mind you...the only brakes you had while riding the thing was your feet. Anyway, I was small(er) and rather young(er) at the time...so, the thing carried me around with no problem...

I'd just got done opening it up down the driveway when I reached the end where I'd normally turn around and go back down the driveway...however, once I reached the end, my brother jumped out from behind the cars and opened fire on me with his double barrel 3 gallon supersoaker (you know...back when supersoakers were the ****)...the water streams hit me right in the eyes...thus blinding me for a few seconds.

When I could finally see, I found myself turned 90 degrees to the left facing, at most...10ft from the edge of the driveway. The edge of the driveway at this particular spot is blocked off by a cement header that sticks up 6 inches above the cement driveway...followed by a 3ft drop onto hard dirt on the other side.

In that moment, it felt like a good 10-15 seconds when it was only a couple, at most. I remember clearly thinking in my head that I had two options...I could either stay on the bike and flip over with it....or I could jump off....and I remember thinking of the end results of either choice very vividly...

Of course, I jumped off just a couple feet before it hit, fell, and rolled quite a few times...I landed on my hands and knees after rolling a bit...minor scrapes. Dunno what would've happened if I didn't bail...and I wasn't wearing any protective stuff. Ah well, good times....

Minibike was just a bit dirty and the engine got flooded...I was ****ed at my bro...what a dumb[donkey]. hah

lol, that sucks. i have a story, two actually, and i think they can beat all these stories. K! First one, so one time i was at Rye at the airfield and i was skating, and i hit a huge kicker, and lost my footing in the air, and the board came out from under my feet. When i landed, i couldn't get my balance and land in a good landing postition, landed on my ***, on the skateboard, on the tail of it. and how i landed on it, make it kick up, and i got hit in the head by the front of it.

Second story: i was skiing at bretton woods and was off on the side skiing in the "powder" or where they just can't groom. and i was off having my fun on the side, and it had just snowed the night before, like a good foot of snow. and i couldn't see anything in front of me, and i was going along, and i hit one of the pipes that carries the water up to the snow making machines. and so needless to say i got taken out at the ankles, hyper extended both my knees, and had to find my ski's and go down the mountain so i could get help.

and that sucks about your crash dude, i used to ride bmx, not motocross, but i've taken some big falls in my day.

also i wanted to throw in my stories, which is why i brought this thread up. loll

Never raced, but I used to go three wheeling (weren't any four-wheelers back then). Decided to take a short cut up the side of a ridge. I did good until I was almost to the top. I was already standing up and leaned all the way over the handle bars and I hit a root (I was in dense hardwoods). Well, the front tire came up, and then over, and I remember seeing sky...

I woke up at the bottom. The three-wheeler was on its side, but not far enough to have leaked out the gas. My helmet was roughed up, and I felt like I had jumped on Hogan and the Undertaker at the same time. Once I could stand up, I flipped the wheeler upright, pulled the handle bars back up (they had been pushed around and down), dug the wood chunks out of the rims, fired it up and went home. I was about five different colors by morning, but nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom