I am losing my mind at this unsolvable PC freezing issue (please help)

gilfamc

Beta member
In early March, this year, I purchased a new gaming PC. Along with the store, I chose my components and parts and they put it together for me.

But the thing is, it keeps freezing whenever I play games (and sometimes when randomly using it). The type of freeze where everything stops, and a strange loud buzzing sound accompanies it.

I have tried updating all the drivers, re-installing the nvidia driver, manually updating to the most recent windows version, cleaning up temp files and corrupt files, nothing worked.

After this, I went to the store where I bought the parts and where the pc was assembled for testing and a diagnosis.

They performed the following tests:"Furmark 1h, Intel Burntest 1h, Unigine heaven 5 loop, Superposition 10min, CS:GO (10 rounds), Successful HDD and SSD tests".

Then telling me the hardware was all fine so it had to be a software/OS issue, recommending I re-install a fresh version of Windows.

I did this, but the issue continues exactly the same.

I'm losing my mind because it seems like I've covered every possible solution and nothing has worked. If you have any ideas or advice, please help!

My specs are as follows:

• Processor: Intel core i9 9900 F 8 Core
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
  • Graphics card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
  • Ram: 32GB (16x2)
  • Power Source: Modular Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold

Furmark and IBT? Those are known to KILL hardware, JFC what store was this?

You can do all these tests yourself, Unigine Heaven, Superposition (both Unigine), and gaming tests.
Download the free trial of Aida64 Extreme and run their stress test (under tools). On the top left you'll see a bunch of check boxes. Do CPU, FPU, and cache first only for 10 minutes then do Memory by itself 10 minutes, then do both combined 10 minutes. Whichever one crashes is the culprit.

Furmark and IBT? Those are known to KILL hardware, JFC what store was this?

You can do all these tests yourself, Unigine Heaven, Superposition (both Unigine), and gaming tests.
Download the free trial of Aida64 Extreme and run their stress test (under tools). On the top left you'll see a bunch of check boxes. Do CPU, FPU, and cache first only for 10 minutes then do Memory by itself 10 minutes, then do both combined 10 minutes. Whichever one crashes is the culprit.
A local store that had been recommended to me for pc building. Safe to say I'm not very pleased with it lol.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to try doing this and then go back to them if any parts are defective, since that's where the warranty is.

A local store that had been recommended to me for pc building. Safe to say I'm not very pleased with it lol.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to try doing this and then go back to them if any parts are defective, since that's where the warranty is.
Sounds like you might have issues with that warranty, so I'd video the issue once you solve what's causing it.

does it do it with certain games? like hi res stuff? try it with less details.

AIDA Stress, and maybe run Memtest... Furmark wont really show if anything is wrong with the GPU, but will cook it if not careful.

Have you checked Event Viewer to see if there are any log files being generated upto the crash?

Back
Top Bottom