I Am Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either I am going nuts remembering fake facts or I payed better attention to the movie.

When the guy stuck his head out it burned him for until he went back in. Later in his log Will stated that they were GETTING DUMBER because they were ignoring their own survival means to confront him. Throughout the movie there was no prooft that they were intelligent or civilized beyond living in groups. The traps were of the same type Will had made and even in the Wiki (which is locked form editing) it states he walked into his own trap. Im sure he has a lot of those all around the city to capture night stalkers for testing, he had a lot of pictures on the wall of ones that he had tried to cure after all. The things are dumb, they operate on the level of pack wolves at best, but they can't build and they can't lure him.

I think it would be safe to say that Smith was assuming in that instance when the zombie poked his head out. He has no way of really knowing and to be honest, that could be argued both ways. The zombies could be digressing, or they could be intelligent and his reason for sticking his head out was to prove he wasn't scared. Again all assumptions.

However, the zombies did set that trap. Smith didn't set that maniken there. That maniken was outside the movie store, remember? Hence the reason Smith started shooting out the windows to the buildings. He knew the zombies moved it. There is also clearly a heirarchy in their groups. The one zombie is clearly the leader, whether by consesus or by simply being stronger, I don't know. He also had pet dogs, indicating, again, that there is a sense of intelligence.

I just saw it.
BORING! They might as well called it 28 Months Later.

28 Days / Weeks Later was much more exciting / interesting that I Am Legend.
In fact, I do remember falling asleep as some point during the film.

I am glad I did not pay money to watch this flick. I am normally a sucker for these Post Apocalypic / Disease flicks. (Okay, this film is still much better than Resident Evil Extinction)

RATING : 2 1/2 out of 5.

IAL would of been better if they focus more on the outbreak and the weeks / months / years to follow as appose to just focusing on the NOW with the occasional flash backs to the THEN.

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe the dark stalkers set that trap. Think about it, Smith had been there for 3 years and he had captured many stalkers during that time to test his cures. I think its reasonable to think that he forgot about that one and he walked into it. The mannequin was probably used as bait, is he put his blood on it the dark stalkers would think it is a human. He did a similar bait on them later that night when he started killing them off at the dock. He said "social de-evolution complete, signs of normal human activity are nonexistent." He was studying them for 3 years so he most likely would know all to well what they were capable of.

I think they where still evolving into something else, think about it he said "social de-evolution complete, signs of normal human activity are nonexistent." not that they didn't have intelligence, they might have seen him set traps before an copied them.

its possible, but the only animals capable of that level of tool usage are.....Humans. So trap making counts as human activity IMO. I could be wrong. But my stance is that the dark stalkers have the intelligence equivalent to wolves..maybe apes. They live in packs which shows some form of social organization and they had an identifiable leader although it seems he was leading because of strength and nothing else. So they have some capacity for higher thinking but it is limited by primal emotions and urges, like pain, fear (if any), hunger etc.

Well that might be true that the leader is the leader because he is the stronger physical specimen but, when you consider that they used dogs as weapons it isn't that much of a stretch from that to building traps. They could have imitated the traps he makes.

The infeceted could not reason, the main character was subject to paranoa and psycosis; it was years of seclusion and stress that lead him to forget somthing so simple, those infeceted were portrayed as feral.

most of my favorite movies are will smith movies, independance day men in black, havent seen this yet, oh theres i robot, and the pursuit of happiness was great will smith is probably one of the best actors of all time, and is very capable of playing all sorts of diferent roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom