I am going away *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I just enlisted for a 3 year contract in the Active Component portion of the United States Army. My MOS is 13M (Multiple Launch Rocket Systems, Crewmember) My basic training and advanced individual training will take place in Fort Sill, OK.

I just wanted to say thank you for the great time I have had here since when I first joined up December of 2004. This is not a goodbye but more of a c'ya later!

The scary thing about this whole thing is that I signed and enlisted into MEPS 20070719 (yesterday) and I am getting shipped out 20070727. Quick ship huh?

I bid you all farewell and goodnight.

-Nick

OH well another artillery man on the forums :) I have seen the American MLRS and it is a great weapons system, one word of advice though keep friendly with the quarter master them fellas always have a stash of premium equipment and if you scratch there back they scrach yours if you get my drift.

OH and during your basic don't take anything your realy care about as trust me it will get trashed and get a hair cut before you go that makes a impression on the instructors.

Artillery = King of battle!

My best friend was a 13M. He really liked it. best part about being in a mechanized unit is you don't have to walk/march everywhere you go.

I was an 11B (infantry) in the 25th ID. Those monthly 25-mile road marches really sucked. And running 10 miles every wednesday wasn't bad but it sure took it's toll on my knees. Never did get to see any action :(

Good luck!

Congrats on the biggest decision of your life. I am sure that you put a lot of thought into it, and have made your decision based on how it will advance you, as well as love and devotion to your country.

I'm proud of you, my man.

Buy a laptop and grab satellite internet.

The kind that works like a cell phone would be much easier ;) Its just a PCMCIA card...no fecking satelite to strap to your back...

If the military starts testing LSD on the population again...make sure to tell me...I mean...free lsd?

Congrats! Word of advice, when in basic keep a low profile. I remember everyone volunteering for whatever they could (brown nosing) and all that happens is that you have even more opportunities to screw up so keep as low a profile as you can, otherwise congrats!!! I was ICBM/Minuteman missiles. Fun fun fun.

And after going away for 3 months and 18 days, I am back from basic and AIT.
I am now a redleg artilleryman.

Getting ready to be stationed in Strassburg Germany.

1st Armored Division "Old Ironsides"
1-94FA MLRS

What a trip this has been......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom