I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
your kidding right? He means a complete re-install. Means format, os, and ALL drivers, probably personalized settings and tweaks alsom and back ups. This takes at least 3 hours. For me it takes 4-5 hours at least as i like my os tweaked to my liking, this involves even registry editing. The os alone is an hour and a half, plus 20-30 mins for a full format depending on the size of the drive/partition, then add tweaks. That's just to install the os my friend.

EDIT: haha, Inferno beat me to it, dang dial up taking 5 mins to post it.

Takes me ~30 mins to get vista to a useable desktop, then a further ~30 mins to get drives and main apps on, and then I just install the odd app here and there when I need them.

^I don't know how long vista takes to install, never installed it. But after instillation, it only takes you thirty mins, then you are not doing barely anything.

^I don't know how long vista takes to install, never installed it. But after instillation, it only takes you thirty mins, then you are not doing barely anything.

Well, just office/winamp/firefox/pdf reader sort of things? Doesn't take very long. I generally install alot of things over the next 3 weeks or so as and when I need them.

Funny how it only takes you an hour to do that as a complete restore of my drive using ghost, which basicaly just moves data from one drive to another takes two hours on a set of RAID 0 drives.

inferno, have you overclocked any? An unstable oc might not show itself immediately, but if all other options are exhausted you may want to recheck that. If you are unsure run intel burn test, if it passes that it is stable, if not then we can go from there.

My current C drive image is around 60gb, that is the backup, but my fresh install image with all the drivers installed and such is only 15gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom