I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
I have been through 4 pairs of DDR2 800 Ballistix Tracers... Guess what, each and EVERY module is dead, and I can't even do an RMA where I am just outside of the RMA period for these sticks... Grr.... Guess that is ANOTHER "High Quality/High Performance" company that I won't buy from again... It is getting to the point where I can't stand some of the manufactures anymore....

Oddly i just blew my third 1GB ballistix stick last night. That's three this year, not too impressed. Atleast mine are within the RMA time period.

**** they don't. Tried, they said I was outside of my RMA, that and the newer red colored sticks are worse about timings and the such...

Ballistix are terrible. I went through two sets of them in 6 months before I gave up and bought some Corsair XMS2 to replace them. Mine are still in the rma period but I'm not going to bother with it.

Guess they are really hit or miss... Either you get a pair that rape *** or they blow nuts.. (rape *** being the good bit. haha)

I have had bad luck with OCZ golds and plats... I am thinking of trying Gskill if I can find some 4-4-4-12 dimms at ddr2 800, funny thing is my Ballistix did awsome... I loved how well they overclocked on stock voltage and timings... But even with a 120mm 50cfm fan over them they still got way to hot and I guess that is what killed em off was the heat because I stopped my overclocking on the last set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom