I am disappointed in Texas justice...

Agreed.
And what they are giving your nephew is exactly what my friend had. The good news is that they will lock him up for a LONG time if he so much as even tries to cheat that machine (His friends will have suggestions, they wont work.).

Heh, thats about right.
Some of the things that I have heard are a bit more advanced. You can cut a hole in the tube, attach a different tube, let a different person blow into it while you sit in front pretending to blow into it with your tong blocking the front and if that person that is blowing for you is clean, it will trick the device.

It will NOT work, but it is a decent idea. They will have others.

I don't think that DUIs are taken as seriously as they should be, generally. If you have had even one DUI, you have a drinking problem. If you haven't been caught, and merely drink and drive, you have a drinking problem. Bottom line is that if you're in a situation where you feel it's just to put your own life, along with other lives on the line, you have a problem.

I don't feel sympathy for people punished for committing this crime. It's not a "mistake" if you know that it is wrong to do it. That term gets thrown around all too lightly, where even murderers say that they made a "mistake", and shouldn't be punished for life because of it. The last time that I made a mistake, it didn't cost people their lives.

I don't think that DUIs are taken as seriously as they should be, generally. If you have had even one DUI, you have a drinking problem. If you haven't been caught, and merely drink and drive, you have a drinking problem. Bottom line is that if you're in a situation where you feel it's just to put your own life, along with other lives on the line, you have a problem.

I don't feel sympathy for people punished for committing this crime. It's not a "mistake" if you know that it is wrong to do it. That term gets thrown around all too lightly, where even murderers say that they made a "mistake", and shouldn't be punished for life because of it. The last time that I made a mistake, it didn't cost people their lives.
I could not agree with you more. As posted above, I have stated here my opinion on people whom drive while drunk or high. To summerise, I will simply say that I cannot stand those people, because there is no reason you cannot wait to get home to do it. Even if you are already drunk (At a bar for example), most places will allow you to leave your car there over night, which means that it will have security cameras watching it. As for people whom smoke pot while driving, I have even less care for. The hell stops you from waiting until you get home to smoke???

What about people who get stopped in the morning hours after with a sleep in between a drinking session and when they are caught over the limit. (With breath test).
I don't have sympathy for people who go to a bar and drink and drive. But I do have some sympathy for those caught the following day when they are feeling fine and co-ordinated but still actually have quite a high blood alcohol level.

What about people who get stopped in the morning hours after with a sleep in between a drinking session and when they are caught over the limit. (With breath test).
I don't have sympathy for people who go to a bar and drink and drive. But I do have some sympathy for those caught the following day when they are feeling fine and co-ordinated but still actually have quite a high blood alcohol level.
I feel a bit bad for them, but they are still a danger to themselves and others. If that happens once, then they will not go through much. If that happens more than once, I really do not feel for them at that time.

I can see where you're coming from, but if they've got a high blood alcohol level then it does mean that their performance is impaired compared to someone without!

Though it is pretty easy to drink enough that you're over the limit the next morning, waking up drunk is better than waking up with a hangover! (from the headache perspective...)

A coworker of mine, got 3 dui's, this is is his 14th year with no drivers licence, hes 43, and has like 5more years before he can get it back.
Which sounds about right. I believe that on the third time, one should face harder time than that, but at least he will get it back. Perhaps he has learned?

Back
Top Bottom