I am close to freaking out! Please help

abland007

Baseband Member
I dont know what to do. I just bought a new computer through Tigerdirect last week and I have had nothing but problems. I put everything together and was really excited to so how this thing worked but I got no power to anything. Nothing happened whatsoever. So I thought that it could have been my motherboard. I went out and got a brand new board and the exact same thing heppened. i tried to turn it on it nothing happened. I tired another power supply that I knew worked and still nothing happened. I could smell hot wires (electric smell). Everything was properly put together and everything! Any suggestions- becasue I think I just wasted $1000 dollars.

Pentium D 915
Gigabyte 945 micto atx board
550 antec PSU
Geforce 7950 gt oc Vid card
Cooler Master Case
Artic cooler cpu fan
2 Gig Buffalo ram/ 533mhz

Well ya not giving us much to work with, can you post pictures of the computer build. So we can see if ya have put it together properly

Have you checked and double checked everything to make sure it's all right? Is it a brand new case? It could be the power switch on the case. Do you have all the power leads hooked up to the motherboard?

Do any of the fans go on when you press the button or does absolutely nothing happen?

Usually motherboards have a little led somewhere on the board that tells you if there is power getting to the motherboard, is this lit?

This may be a dumb suggestion, but are you sure the outlet works that you have it plugged into?

OK, there is no need to post pictures because I had two of the smartest people I know put this rig together for me. Everything is put together correctly but nothing, absolutly nothing happens. There are no LED lights or fans turning on. Ive tried several differant outlets and still nothing. Its not the motherboard or the PSU. Could it be that I got a crappy case that doesn't apply it to power up? Im so stuck!

Have you got the switch on the back of the psu turned on? Have you tried another power cord?

Not trying to be funny here but they cant be that smart otherwise it would be working:) Pictures would help alot more than you trying to explain mate. Is the LED on the mobo on?

My suggestion is that its been wired up wrong somehow...

If you've changed the PSU, and motherboard, and still no change, thats all I can see that could be the problem...

Raffaz said:
Not trying to be funny here but they cant be that smart otherwise it would be working:) Pictures would help alot more than you trying to explain mate. Is the LED on the mobo on?

Both of the boards dont have any LEDS on them. Ive tried several cords. And yes those people are very smart. They both have a masters degree with engineering and electrial technology. This thing is so close to the bottom of my dumpster.

Im so stuck I could cry!

Back
Top Bottom