Hybrid Crossfire?

easyrider003

Solid State Member
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what "hybrid crossfire" is? I was reading somewhere online and it said that if you use a motherboard that has "hybrid crossfire" your video card must also support hybrid crossfire.

I guess my main concern is if the XFX Radeon HD 5770 video cards will work with the Asus m4a79xtd motherboard? I am almost positive that it will but not sure and looking for verification.

Also, when doing crossfire do all video cards have to be the same exact card?

How many video cards will that motherboard support?

Thanks for all the help, I am trying to learn as much as possible about all this stuff.

M4A79XTD will hold you back when crossfiring because one PCIe slot is x16 and the other is only x8 so when you have 2 cards they will both only run at x8.

As for hybrid crossfire idk.

Are there any cheaper video cards that are just as good as the 5770 but cost less and that support DX11?

If I remember correctly all hybrid crossfire does is allow you do run a pseudo crossfire setup with the onboard gpu if you have integrated video, never heard of anyone using it, don't know how much of a performance increase it would net you seeing how most onboard chips are blah. I think it was just a gimmicky thing ati was pushing a little while back.

yeah well hybrid crossfire makes it to where you can sue certain discrete cards in crossfire with your integrated graphics as far i i know you can only do hybrid crossfire with the 2400 and 3400 series graphics cards and only with the 7xx and 8xx series motherboard chipsets

Back
Top Bottom