Hybrid Build. Opinions Wanted.

neodude112320 said:
What Kind of OS Will it be running?
what do u think.....

use common sense. he is getting a radeon x1950....do u think that he will use it for linux??? most likely not.

istonian said:
I would spend ten more dollars or so and get the Core 2 e6300.

i second that. your motherboard can support the e6300, and that extra FSB is really what sets those procs appart from the rest.

Well i saw benchmarks of a E6300 being OCed and it beat X6800 in every benchmark, so I was going to save $10 and get the E4300 OC it and get much more performance out of it.

i honestly don't think you can compare the 4300 to the 6300. i can see where the play room on the motherboard would be nice for OC'ing, but im not too fond of the lower FSB. However, thats just personal oppion, so if you want it, get it.

Something to look into tho, i've heard that intel mobo's don't allow Proc OC'ing by default. not sure how true that is on that particular board, but i know on my brothers 946 board it doesn't allow it.

The only Intel mobo that is good for oc'ing is the D975BX2, otherwise known as the BadAxe 2. I can see where the E4300 would be better for overclocking, because of the higher multiplier, 9x instead of 7x.

Back
Top Bottom