Hwo to tell.

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
How to tell.

How do you tell is your MOBO is PCI-E compatable? I have a stock mobo, from HP(I think it's and intel) and a nVidia geforce4 MX440 card. Please tell me.

I really doubt that card was ever manufactured in PCI-E format, though I'm not sure.

Try this: Go to the start menu, then run. Type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and run that. Go to the graphics tab, and see what it says under DirectDraw acceleration and Direct 3D acceleration. If it says AGP Texture Acceleration, then I would assume it is AGP (you never know these days :D). That might not mean anything though; someone else may know for sure.

Or you could download that. Whatever you want. :D

Ok I found out my motherboard is a MSI MS-6577. I want to get a 6600gt, but might have to go with the AGP. Anyone know if even a PCI is compatable? Or PCI-EXPRESS? If I get the AGP version of the card, will I see major graphical downgrades?

i know they have a PCI-E becuase thats the one i'm getting. (in signature)
now type your motherboard into google and look for a site that gives you specs for your motherboard, and it should say what slots it has.

AGP is better than PCI. PCI-E is will be better than AGP but right now they're the same(PCI-E new, AGP old)

Back
Top Bottom