Humble Suggestion

xtropx

Baseband Member
I don't know if this has been covered before. I am new to computerforums.org, but it seems that there are a lot of newbie questions being posted. It is hard to sift through legitimate questions that time is best spent upon, and those questions that could easily be answered by googling/a little research. It is obvious that a lot of posts here are people that will create an account to post their question and then possibly never log in again. This is probably a waste of server space and clogs up the forums. This is just my opinion. Most forums enforce a minimum post requirement before you can create a new thread. This ensures that users are contributing to the forum as well taking things away from it, reduces spam, and creates a tighter-knit community. Maybe such a thing wouldn't be such a bad idea around here. Just my two cents.

People are looking for a quick answer while in a blind panic. If you make them post in a thread 10 times before they can post a thread about their problem, they're not going to bother. They'll go to another forum that doesn't have that policy.

People are looking for a quick answer while in a blind panic. If you make them post in a thread 10 times before they can post a thread about their problem, they're not going to bother. They'll go to another forum that doesn't have that policy.

Agreed. We all start as newbies and most people who end up staying past their newbie question stay because of the quality help they got. Personally, I never would have stayed if I had to post x amount of times before I could open a new thread.

It is obvious that a lot of posts here are people that will create an account to post their question and then possibly never log in again.
Par for the course on this type of forum. Nothing you can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom