HTML color code

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
Can someone confirm for me that in this image the white swirls are indeed white as in the html code #ffffff. This is the banner for a forum I've made for some friends. The background of the forum is white, so I wanted to get this banner pic to look less boxy. EVERYONE sees this pic as a different shade of white than the forum background, even though the coding proves they're both the same code. I SEE IT AS WHITE ONE WHITE.

downldddddoadga7.jpg

Also, when they try and take a screenshot (to show me the two different whites) the screenshot shows up as the correct color. Its driving me off the wall :freak:

Photoshop says it is white, so either your coding is wrong or someones on crack.

@Spit-wad: Never use PNG's and especially not for transparency since IE doesn't support it, and they're big...use GIF for transparency.

Photoshop says it is white, so either your coding is wrong or someones on crack.

@Spit-wad: Never use PNG's and especially not for transparency since IE doesn't support it, and they're big...use GIF for transparency.
IE6 doesn't, but IE7 and above does.

But anyway, I don't think people should not do something just because IE6 has broken support. People shouldn't really be using IE6 anyway.

anyway, here it is with transparency:
57955636ma8.png

it'll work on light backgrounds.

They could have slightly different color settings on their monitors and such as well, hence the color difference to them.

Yea, that's the problem: monitors are always showing graphics differently, so their's will look different that what you see. But white is white and you said the code is the same, so it sounds like it was probably a prank.

IE6 doesn't, but IE7 and above does.

But anyway, I don't think people should not do something just because IE6 has broken support. People shouldn't really be using IE6 anyway.

anyway, here it is with transparency:
57955636ma8.png

it'll work on light backgrounds.

Considering the large majority of users are still using IE6.0, I'd consider caring about that for a website. But if you want most of your userbase to have troubles viewing your site, go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom