HP Scanjet 5200c problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

Solid State Member
When I try to access my scanner, I keep getting the following message, "YOour scanner is currently being accessed by another application. Please wait for the other application to finish or close it to allow HP Precision Scan access." I have tried uninstalling the hardware and software and reinstalling it. No luck. I have made sure the power cord is plugged in and the USB is seated properly. I think this is a software/program problem. I have downloaded the endsitall program to close things operating in the background but still no luck. I have been working on this for 6 hours now. I am fully melted down and looking for help. Anyone have this problem?:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :(

To help you in diagnosing your problem, what operating system are you currently running?

the solution could possibly be to upgrade your OS using update.microsoft.com There is a specific update related to hot swappable devices, such as USB and Firewire, that my solve your problem.

scanner help

I just figured it out. I needed to go to msconfig and check the still image monitor box. weekend can not be resurected. Thanks for the ideas though. Have a good one!:) :) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom