HP Photosmart 7660

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Client of mine has a Photosmart 7660. Said he hadn't used it in a couple weeks but worked great for 2 years straight. Last night he turned it on, green light blinks a few times but then turns off for about 3 seconds and blinks red real fast. LCD screen is also blank, doesn't print...Tried basic troubleshooting, unplugging power for a minute, plugging back in, no go, different usb port, no go. Couldn't find anything on google and their internet connection was slow as **** (fixed that issue) and HP chat was of no help.

I figure its the printer from what's going on with it, but if anyone has seen this issue before and knows if its an easy fix please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps it's out of ink?

I have an older Epson printer that blinks the power light, because it's been out of ink for years....

I read something like that, he knows more about computers than a lot of people(not like A+ certified or techy or anything but knows when the printer's out of ink). And you wouldnt think that would stop ALL printer function either, you'd think it'd say something on the lcd screen or would actually tell the computer something.

well, i'm not A+ certified,

but it's probably a dead pixel on the LCD screen, and something blocking the gears from moving in the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom