HP Pavilion Upgrade Question

Pbretl

Beta member
I currently have a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234 pc and I would like to upgrade it for better gaming performance. Would it work if I put in a Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost card in and also switched out power supplies to a Corsair CX600? Also I was wondering if there is any better of a setup up of card and power supply for around the same price. Any response is appreciated.

Links:

Current Desktop: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Support

Potential Card (650 Ti Boost): Amazon.com: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA SLI Ready Graphics Card, 65NPH7DN7WGU Graphics Cards 65NPH7DN7WGU: Computers & Accessories

Potential Power Supply: Amazon.com: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS* 80 PLUS (CX600): Computers & Accessories

I agree. But I suggest you pick the MSI or Asus Direct CU version as both have a bit more quiet cooling. Especially the MSI version. It's a great overclocker too.

I don't know about the Sapphire version? But the Asus and the MSI cards can reach the R9 270X speeds if you crank up the gpu and the memory clocks some?

Last edited:
This thread is a month old with no OP response. At the time of posting that particular card was the cheapest and within the OPs budget. The cooling solution isn't that bad and a small upwards OC to 270x speeds are doable on almost any 270 card.

Back
Top Bottom