HP motherboard replacement

dhruv1

Beta member
I have a HP pavilion XH555 (notebook AMD 1Ghz).... due to a power surge i seemed to have fried my motherboard .... i was looking for a replacement motherboard .... i could find a XH535 & another N5350 motherboard .... both without processors ... i was wondering if i could use one of these to replace into my XH555 ... the ports seem to be the same as the others ... only thing is that would my AMD 1Ghz processor fit into the other motherboard ... ????? also ... i i dont know what the processors on those other two boards were .... so what do i do now ..... any help would be appreciated ..... thanks

I know nothing about that machine, but I thought most processors were soldered to the board. I'm sure there are some acceptions(such as mine) but who knows...

Before you go ripping that apart, have you found a new power supply? I'd suspect that to be a problem...

i checked that out

thanks .... i did check the processor ... it comes off ... the power supply is the same too .... ok ... i was wondering ... does an amd, celeron, pentium all have the same pins....

Not at all. I don't know exactly what laptops use, but I'm qute sure they are not the same. AMD's around 1GHz used the socket A for desktops, and Intel was 423...I think. It's different, a much smaller chip over all. Not only are pins different, but there are different chipsets for different brands, they run at different speeds, and some use different RAM...

Well, if I were you, I'd check your PS first. A multimeter should do fine. Make sure it's putting out the correct voltages, if any at all. Then work from that...

clarification

thank you so far .... Ok ... im really lost .... this is how it is .... the Pavillion XH555 notebook has a burn on the motherboard next to the power input socket .... so i cant charge it using a power supply ... i have to charge the battery on a stand alone charger and then place it in the computer .. it works fine that way ... i was hoping i could change the motherboard and get to use the power supply too .... now where do i go from here ... the processor is an AMD 1Ghz ... since i cant find a similar motherboard on ebay, only a XH535 or N5305 i was wondering if i could use those motherboards .... only thing is that they dont have processors on them ... so i was hoping i could use mine ... does that sound ok ....????

Back
Top Bottom