HP Envy 14 vs Macbook Pro 15

DEMO1

Beta member
Ok, so I have read up on both laptops, and up until I saw the envy there was no doubt i was getting a macbook pro (pretty much maxed out too, with 2.8 i7 processor, 4 gb of ram, better hard drive, hi res screen) which ran almost $2600...however I saw the HP Envy which is the only computer I have yet to see that even touches the macbook's design. The BEATS edition Envy is a nice computer as well, I would probably get the beats edition. I can get the envy, with 8gb of ram, top of the line i7 processor, and a few other things for around $1900. I am going into college, going to be doing mechanical engineering. I'm on the computer a lot, do a lot of multitasking, dont really play games much, but it would be nice to have something that can play a little game here or there. to be honest do I need 8gb of ram, top of the line i7 processor...no, but i seem to just want the top of the line product for college. The only thing I am worried about is windows vs the mac OS...macs can do some cool little things like negative screen mode and you can swipe the touchpad to bring all the windows up etc...anyways sorry for the long commentary, but what are your guys suggestions?? dont be afraid to give me recommendations on what some good specs are and whats pointless extras to buy.

KEEP IN MIND I already have a very nice desktop

Mac: good for video/audio editing.

More secure O.S (to an extent).

cons: no upgrades (like if you want more ram)
Battery life of 10 years - if it fails you need a new laptop.
$2600

Hp:
Win 7 secure, but not as secure as the Mac O.S

you get more for the money and easier to upgrade

Cons: Win 7 security (easily fixed with a antivirus)
$1900
battery life is about 2 years- but you can buy another one

You can get a mid-range HP computer for 800$ that is going to be everything you need.

the lowest range Mac will run you over 1k.

it all depends on what you want to use it for.

love how you just point out, that I am wrong...rather than a solution...

I forget that Mac's completely changed everything about them...and the only difference is the O.S. Sorry about that.

Battery life: http://guides.macrumors.com/Laptop_Battery_Guide

Basically: I was wrong. I hate old Macs, because you couldn't open them up, and what you got is what you got. They however switched over and changed everything about them.

I think they are way overpriced IMHO..buy an HP and get the MAC O.S it would be cheaper.

well i will have a desktop but I would rather have a laptop that can pretty much replace a desktop...i will be doing media, movies, engineering stuff, maybe a few games...so far this forum has not been too helpful, but i appreciate the replies

Back
Top Bottom