hp dv6000 laptop problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
Hi recently got this laptop to install windows 7 in it.
Once I power on the laptop it load the hp screen but then goes black and stays like that.
I've test the hard drive, ram, but no problem found.
Than I discovered that when I turn it on and press escape, it goes black and that begin to load and open windows.
But when I turn it off and turn it back on, same thing.
I did also flash bios.
Other thing when I put the cd in it, and it come where you have to press any key to boot from cd/dvd, it freeze there....
Pls need some help asap
Thanks

Try bringing it back to wear you bought it. I'm sure they can fix whatever it is, and/or give you hands on help.

well i've bought it in the states when I was on vacation.
I live in the caribean so ca bring it back now.
I did do the bios flash, but problem persist

Intense lack of video and cpu horsepower.
AMD Turion 64, dual core processor
2 GB DDR2 memory
15.4″ WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
1.3 Megapixel Webcam with mic built into screen
Altec Lansing speakers built in
3 USB ports, ExpressCard/54 Slot, Video Out, Integrated Consumer IR, 1 RJ-11, 1 RJ-45
Windows Vista Home Premium

Intense lack of video and cpu horsepower.
AMD Turion 64, dual core processor
2 GB DDR2 memory
15.4″ WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
1.3 Megapixel Webcam with mic built into screen
Altec Lansing speakers built in
3 USB ports, ExpressCard/54 Slot, Video Out, Integrated Consumer IR, 1 RJ-11, 1 RJ-45
Windows Vista Home Premium

So do you think the mobo is gone???

Got your PM. It could be the motherboard. I hope you're sitting down when you read the reast of this.
I have a dv6205us and an intermitten problem with the power plug loosing the connection. To replace a $7.00 part they replace the motherboard.
Cost for the board $398.00. That doesn't include labor. Price in 2007 at BestBuy, $600.00 out the door. Make fist. Extend ring finger. Scaaaarooooo you.
So if it's something major, or minor, it's warm up the VISA, send it in to be repaired, or chunk it and get a new one.
But try this first. If 7 loaded and runs try booting in to safe mode. If it does go to another computer and get online at HP. Locate the video drivers and save them to a thumb drive. Oh and nab the chipset drivers. Normally the vid drivers are in those.
Park the thumb drive in the lappy and install the drivers. From what you describe it sounds like the generic drivers for the bios and the installer disc work just fine but win7 doesn't have the drivers or a generic version to operate from.
If that doesn't work then try loading linux or vista or xp on it.
If none of that works then place it behind the back of the driver's side wheel. Get in and release the parking brake. Go to newegg and get another one.

Back
Top Bottom