hp computer trouble

tracker260

Beta member
hay all i am new to the group but i am hopping to get some help for a friend and all of you out there that have had the same problem. we have an hp lab top that has a dead motherboard. i have worked on computers for a long time and seen this happen a lot with hp. yes some were due to user error but a lot of you out there have had nothing to do with it at all. my goal out of this would be to get my computer fixed but if that don't happen i would like to at least get it out there what happens when you buy an hp computer. the computer i am righting about this time is a g series computer but have seen the same issue with the dv7 and dv 9 series. so if you could sound off about this it would be great to hear from you guys out there. my name is dale kohler and if you have ? about this please ask them as i will be looking to answer any thing you ask. thank you and look forward to hearing about the problems you have with your computer from hp.

Not sure where you are going with this. If this is just a rant about how bad HP's are, then it belongs in the Social Lounge. If you are looking for help on trying to get the computer fixed then you'll need to provide more details. Most of the active members of this forum have built their own computers and therefore probably won't have a lot to say about HP or won't feel the need to post a rant about it if they've experienced it.

HP are good for a cheap computer but remember they are a cheap computer. Average life on a PC is only 5 years and the cheaper you go you shave off that. A Compaq or HP (their the same) your looking at a 3 year life for normal users 1 to 2 for heavy users. I have revived several computers most recently a HP dv6 my brother gave me the harddrive fried after a year of World of Warcraft and other game play along with his Hulu and Netflix video addiction. But he never maintains, cleans, or cuts his laptop off so he knows he gonna need a new one every year and I get a hand me down to repair and play with.
Age old words of wisdom "You get what you pay for" and add my words "Electronic like a clean cool humid free envionment"
I bypassed safty shutoffs on a old compaq and burnt out the processor, not Compaq's fault I just got tired of it shutting down in the middle of something and waiting for it to cool off. If I had the money I would get an Apple they are built to last

hay all i am new to the group but i am hopping to get some help for a friend and all of you out there that have had the same problem. we have an hp lab top that has a dead motherboard. i have worked on computers for a long time and seen this happen a lot with hp. yes some were due to user error but a lot of you out there have had nothing to do with it at all. my goal out of this would be to get my computer fixed but if that don't happen i would like to at least get it out there what happens when you buy an hp computer. the computer i am righting about this time is a g series computer but have seen the same issue with the dv7 and dv 9 series. so if you could sound off about this it would be great to hear from you guys out there. my name is dale kohler and if you have ? about this please ask them as i will be looking to answer any thing you ask. thank you and look forward to hearing about the problems you have with your computer from hp.

Take the laptop to a shop and have them check it out. Some older HP laptops can be easily fixed with a new motherboard (if you're willing to mess with it).

HP are good for a cheap computer but remember they are a cheap computer. Average life on a PC is only 5 years and the cheaper you go you shave off that. A Compaq or HP (their the same) your looking at a 3 year life for normal users 1 to 2 for heavy users. I have revived several computers most recently a HP dv6 my brother gave me the harddrive fried after a year of World of Warcraft and other game play along with his Hulu and Netflix video addiction. But he never maintains, cleans, or cuts his laptop off so he knows he gonna need a new one every year and I get a hand me down to repair and play with.
Age old words of wisdom "You get what you pay for" and add my words "Electronic like a clean cool humid free envionment"
I bypassed safty shutoffs on a old compaq and burnt out the processor, not Compaq's fault I just got tired of it shutting down in the middle of something and waiting for it to cool off. If I had the money I would get an Apple they are built to last

I can't comment on your personal taste, but I wouldn't throw those figures out as facts (about the life span of PCs). My fam and close relatives have owned almost 10 HP desktops and 5 laptops collectively (starting with my beloved Pavilion 8260 back in 1997), and a majority of them still work to this day without a single hiccup... quite an accomplishment for any electronic device.

That said, any computer has a possibility of troubling you with a failed component. My sister's Macbook lost a hard drive after 8-9 months, and my own Blackbook had to have the RAM / hard drive replaced after a year. Similarly, a friend lost his display on an iMac two weeks after purchasing it. Problems exist on both sides of the spectrum.

Your right those are figures from a study about average users and a PC most don't make it 5 years because the hardware can't support newer software and people overload them lol.
I still have a old ancient RadioShack running DOS and floppies the big flat black ones

Back
Top Bottom