HP C4580 All-In-One printer- Driver problem, impossible to use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamessuperfun

Beta member
Hello guys,
This is my first post, so let me know if I say anything wrong.
A while ago I got a It worked fine on wireless on my last PC running windows vista. Now I have a new laptop and its running windows 7. So I wanted to print something off when I realised I hadn't set up the drivers yet. I couldn't find the original disc, but after doing some research I found the original disk isn't compatible with windows 7. So I downloaded the windows 7 64-bit drivers from the HP website and all was going well untill I came to finally print.
Windows told me that I hadn't sent anything to print in the tray icon, so I opened up printers and devices. (P.S. The printer drivers told me it had installed successfully) So I found the troubleshooting icon next to my laptop and I troubleshooted it. Now it says the drivers are'nt installed and the device is not enabled. So I enabled the device and still it says the drivers aren't installed. So I uninstalled the drivers and tried restarting the PC and then just plugged in the printer. Windows automatically started installing the drivers and- suprise suprise- failed. It said it couldn't find the drivers! The drivers are DEFINATELY on the printer as I had once before had to do a system restore to a point when the printer wasn't installed(on my last laptop) and I just used plug and play. The drivers installed fine and I was using my printer.
Now I am being told the drivers don't exist, nor on windows update.
Please, I really need to get this going. Does anybody have any idea how to get this going again?
All help is greatly appriciated.
Jamer :sad:

For starters, this is not really in the right place... This is the Photography and Imaging area, not hardware.

Also, have you checked out the HP website? They have a topic dedicated to this.
Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows*7 HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Follow the steps, it should work fine. If not, try to describe more clearly exactly what your problem is, or head over to the proper section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom