How's this look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

microdamage

Beta member
I'm looking to build a new computer. I put this together and have been doing lots of research on this stuff but will always consider constructive criticism. If you see anything that needs changing let me know. I like to game a lot so thats why I chose the 3700+. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego)
OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K 2GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Platinum Edition Dual Channel Memory
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D Motherboard
512MB XFX 7900GTX
250GB Seagate 7200 Rpm S/ATA 3GB/s
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Soundcard
Acer AL1917ASMD 19in Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Silver)
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse
LG DVD + CD-RW Drive
Antec P160W Anodized Aluminum Case
Netgear FA311 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card
NEC 1.44MB 3.5in Floppy Disk Drive
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W Power Supply

OK Listen.

In 22 days time you could gate an athlon x2 in same price you'r paying for that atlon 3700

Other than that, awsome build, enjoy it!

And in 22 days time you would also have the option to go with the E6600 Conroe which all talks about, that supposed to kick *** for a long time.

Hope this helps

BTW, i'd spare the money on the GTX and get same card only GT and OC it to a GTX clock speed, and in the money I spared + maybe a little add on i'd ge a **** of a custome dangerden cooling kit!!! heh..

-Jo.

u dont know it will come in 22 days. Even if it does you have no gurantee of being able to get ur hands on one for a cheap price...

The official release date as of now is July 23rd. AMD's prices are also going to drop soon as they're released. But I agree, there isn't any guarantee you can get one when they are released.

If you want to save some money on a CPU, I'd say wait a few weeks.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego)
OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K 2GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Platinum Edition Dual Channel Memory
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D Motherboard
512MB XFX 7900GTX
250GB Seagate 7200 Rpm S/ATA 3GB/s
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Soundcard
Acer AL1917ASMD 19in Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Silver)
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse
LG DVD + CD-RW Drive
Antec P160W Anodized Aluminum Case
Netgear FA311 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card
NEC 1.44MB 3.5in Floppy Disk Drive
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W Power Supply

definitely don't bother with the crappy network card as the Ultra-D has DUAL GIGABIT LAN!!!. the sound card is up to you but personally i quite like DFI's onboard sound.

Indeed, it even provides a BETTER one lolol.

Same about the sound card in my opinion, if you really wanna feel the diffrence in GAMES [not music, music is actualy better off on a stero-channel not surround mode] then the x-fi's will be a significant improvment the rest, don't bother..

and to all of you who has been criticizing me about saying 22days, I'm only following what both intel and AMD has said to be the official date for price drops and conroe release.. son't don't flame me.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom