how well will this cool a QX9650?

Thats to much of a hassle to even consider imo, but if its what you want there is nothing stopping you. I'd rather go with a Zalman if its out for the QX9650 , I don't know much about intels new line of proccesors. Or if you want something with that much power just jump to a custom liquid cooling. But if you want liquid cooling stay away from the kits and customize your own..

Zalman is way overrated. For $45 on newegg, get the Tuniq Tower. Or if you really want the ultimate, get the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme.

why does every one think its overrated . althoe ive never used tuniq tower or 120 extreme.

the zalman was the only good cooler my shop had. i wouldnt call it overrated because its the best cooler ive used it is keeping my q6600 at 24c and never goes over 40c when playing a game.imo think its a great cooler

There are better products out there for cheaper.

Anyway, if you're buying one of the Extreme line of processors, you're wasting your time with anything less than water cooling. The whole point of buying an Extreme chip is for overclock ability.

how much better then 24 can you get . i guess for my next build i will be trying somthing like tuniq tower thoe

Back
Top Bottom