How to upload my camera card photos successfully?

Nero6768

Beta member
This morning, as usual, I just inserted my camera memory card to my computer via a card Reader and wanted to upload my newly taken photos to accomplish my work. However, when I tried to open this card by clicking, a message popped out and asked me to format it before accessing. But, that was the only copy of all my new photos. I don't want to format it and lose all of them in this way. So, I am wondering whether it is possible for me to access them without formatting. If so, what should I do? Any idea could be appreciated here.
Thanks a lot!!

I now there is a option with a LOT of digi cameras to plug the camera into the usb and upload them through the camera instead of the card slot. Might need the programs that came with the camera, I know my Olympus could do that so if the camera can still read the pics you might be able to save them that way, What camera and model is it. If you give us that info it would make it easier to find out what you can do.

Dauntae

I think Windows has native drivers for a majority of camera's. I only need to plug my camera into the usb and windows will recognize my camera. Even though I have the disk that came with the camera, I've never used it because I really do not need the drivers/software from the camera manufacture
If that doesn't work for you, there are disk recovery software programs out there that will work with sd cards, and you might be able to recover your pics that way

btw: is your sd card locked?

Last edited:
I think Windows has native drivers for a majority of camera's. I only need to plug my camera into the usb and windows will recognize my camera. Even though I have the disk that came with the camera, I've never used it because I really do not need the drivers/software from the camera manufacture

This. Usually they will show up as MTP devices under Computer and you can browse it that way, just like a normal drive. It's just much slower lol.

Have you accessed your card photos successfully? If not, you can take chances with the following steps:

1). Do not save anything new on this camera card in case of data loss. Also do not format it to increase risky.

2). Plunge this card to your computer and apply a card data recovery tool to restore all your wanted pictures back at first, like 4Card Recovery, Recuva and PhotoRec, etc.
No matter which one you choose to use, you'd better act carefully.

3). Save and back up all restored data on another drive or card in case of data recovery failure.

4). Format this card after data recovery and see whether it can be used normally again.

Note: Never forget to back up everything important well again in the future.

Back
Top Bottom