How to test the temperature of your pc.

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
i built a pc a couple weeks ago....and this is my first build. Everything is working great except for a few things which are:

1. whenever i boot up my pc it loads windows and everything...but then you see a blue screen for about a minute before you get to your desktop.

2. It looks like theres a fan at the back of the power supply and its never turning.

3. I was also wondering if you could test your pc's temperature and the fans rpm....thats all.

If the fan in your power supply is not working, THERE IS A PROBLEM! Shut down your computer now! Get it replaced, because that fan is very necessary.

spank_fusion said:
If the fan in your power supply is not working, THERE IS A PROBLEM! Shut down your computer now! Get it replaced, because that fan is very necessary.
Dont let him freak you out.. Just because the fan in the Power supply isnt working doens't mean you'll harm your computer.. If you have other fans in the case of the computer this wont mess anything up.

I have seen many computers that I have fixed dont have the the power supply fan spinning.. I call the user and ask them "for 5 bucks I can replace that fan" "Have you ever had spontanious rebooting"

90% of the users have never had a problem. If your PSU overheats your computer will reboot out of the blue.. You can either replace the powersupply, or you can replace the fan inside.. The fan will either be soldered to the mainboard of the PSU or it will have a plug in it..

As for the blue screen. Do you see your computer POST? If you dont and you see the blue right after you push the power button then I would enter the BIOS and see if you have "Fastboot", "quickboot" or something similier to that.

spank_fusion said:
I'm just trying to be cautious. :p
Thats fine to be cautious.. But no need to scare the lad..

As for the above mentioned program.. I havent tested it but I know of a good Computer information program.
AIDA32
http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html

I like this program because it grabs your information and you dont need to install a thing. at 4.11 megs, it's small enough to put on a thimb drive or cd.. Tells all about your computer hardware you would need to know.. Temps included. (Only if your motherboard can take temps) Most MB's since Windows ME and up will do this.

From my understanding, (Correct me if I'm wrong) but this program turned into Everest.

I downloaded something called speedfan.....it said all my temperature were 30-40C and that some were perfect and some were low (which is good) so i guess its fine!

Back
Top Bottom