how to send pc signal to tv in another room

smurph

In Runtime
I wish to access my pc and control it from another room...there must be a way of doing this now, and without cables.
Is there a method yet to send signal via ethernet thru house electrical system?
And use of an a eye/sender to control with mouse/keyboard?

Note: i don't want to setup up a PC besiide a TV.
I would like to do this to two TVs in house.
One is a Samsung SMART TV other isn't, reason for this is SMART TV is crap, though it plays files, use of internet/browsing and control of such is yet atrocious, as theer no mouse control or easy way to input text, and if you do it is all VERY slow.

So is your PC already hooked up to the TV's in the other room, and you just need a way to control it remotely? Or do you still have to connect the PC to the TV's?

If they're already connected... I'd either recommend remote viewing software (if you have a laptop or computer in the rooms with the TV's already), or if you have an Android smartphone (not sure if iPhone has an equivalent.. I'm sure it does but not sure what), you can use Unified Remote to enable media control, as well as mouse / kb emulation from your phone or tablet.

I wish to access my pc and control it from another room...there must be a way of doing this now, and without cables.
Is there a method yet to send signal via ethernet thru house electrical system?
And use of an a eye/sender to control with mouse/keyboard?

Yes it is called TVersity or PlayOn.
No there is no way to control it thru ethernet cable or electricity.
Unless you have some new technology like Stephen Hawkings, then no. There is no technology invented at this time that will read your eye to act as your mouse.

Note: i don't want to setup up a PC besiide a TV.
I would like to do this to two TVs in house.
One is a Samsung SMART TV other isn't, reason for this is SMART TV is crap, though it plays files, use of internet/browsing and control of such is yet atrocious, as theer no mouse control or easy way to input text, and if you do it is all VERY slow.

It doesnt matter if it is a SmartTV or not. I control my PC thru PlayOn, PS3 Media Server and other software via my game consoles. There is no technology built into TV's that will control your PC unless you hook up the PC directly. DLNA is just another app like PlayOn, TVersity and PS3Media Server. You will need an App on the TV that will also be installed on the PC. That will be the only way. TV's are not setup to control anything but themselves, even the new SmartTV's.

Yes it is called TVersity or PlayOn.
No there is no way to control it thru ethernet cable or electricity.
Unless you have some new technology like Stephen Hawkings, then no. There is no technology invented at this time that will read your eye to act as your mouse.

I think he means an IR eye receiver/transmitter, not his actual eye.

That's how I read it, at least.

I take things as they are stated. If he means an IR eye receiver/transmitter, then it has to be stated as much. I am not going to try and mind read what people are trying to say. That is why problems occur in the first place. Person A says 1 thing and Person B takes it a way that it was not intended.

So yeah I will take it quite literally cause it gets tiring playing the game"What does this mean?".

I take things as they are stated. If he means an IR eye receiver/transmitter, then it has to be stated as much. I am not going to try and mind read what people are trying to say. That is why problems occur in the first place. Person A says 1 thing and Person B takes it a way that it was not intended.

So yeah I will take it quite literally cause it gets tiring playing the game"What does this mean?".

Not everybody knows what they're called, so they use terminology that they think is correct (which may or may not be). If we're going to help accurately, then we just need to verify ;).

Thanks guys...I had meant an "IR eye receiver/transmitter", but didn't know correct terminology, apologies....control with your eye...HA.

I don't want a PC in either room that has a TV. I already connect to PC via wifi using Serviio (a DNLA equivalnet to TVersity etc.), but want more than this provides, i.e. quicker internet browisng and seriously higher level of control...mouse style...hence my post, I am trying to see if I can access PC from TVs in other rooms and control it.
I think I need a way to link HDMI style thru existing wifi or powerline, and an IR eye to control.

Just found THIS, but am looking for more advice! Its called a "McTivia Wireless PC to TV HD Display sender with Keyboard/Mouse Control".

Back
Top Bottom