how to run 2 programs at once

The reason you can't change the file to a .txt file is because you have your settings as hide extensions for known file types, if you switch this option off you'll be abletocall your file a .bat file.
another alternative is to start notepad, enter the program as above, then press save as, now either change the file type button to all file types, then call it start.bat
or, leave the file types as they are and put the file name in speech marks. "start.bat"

Another way of doign this (under windows) is to use a shell script.

start a file in notepad again.
put this in it
Code:
Set oShell = CreateObject("wscript.shell")
oShell.Run("msimn.exe")
oshell.Run("iexplore.exe")
now save it as "start.vbs"
when you double click it it will start internet exlporer and outlook express.

I knew it actually... -it's just vbscript. (I did have to check the name of the outlook express executable though)
You (can) use vb script to write login script (which is why I had to learn it). or to write activeX controls so that can work via web pages. (another reason I learned it). -However it's pretty useless for webpages as you have to either add a domain to the trsuted domain list and reduce all security, or put up with lots of warnings.
I did investigate the network logon and user objects to make web pages that were aware of your windows usernames, but that fell flat on it's arse, there is no sense in having a webpage that looks like it's generating loads of errors, every time a user clicks a button they have to click ten more to actually do what they wanted to do. -(internet security gets in the way of usefull functions!)

thanks root, this actually works, altho my norton anti virus got a little upset and thought it was a malicious code, but it still works

Back
Top Bottom