How to Rotate a Video Clip

Tosh McCaber

Solid State Member
By accident, I turned my digital camera on its side whilst taking a video clip, which means that it has now viewed on my screen on its side! My digital camera produces video files in .mov format. This file format does not appear to be recognized by Windows Movie Maker, which, I know has the facility to rotate files.

Unfortunately, the side effects using Windows Movie Maker, having converted to both .wmf and .avi via Cinema Forge, are that the image is squashed, and, more importantly, the picture quality is pretty bad, compared with the original. mov file

Hopefully, there will be a simple answer? I hope so!

Thanks,

Tosh

Have you tryed using QuickTime player? If I'm remember correctly thats what you use to view .mov files?

Thanks, Steff. Unfortunately, so far as I can see, QTP is simply a viewer, with no editing features to permanently change the rotation?

Thanks dude- I tried Virtual Dub, but it appears to recognize only .avi- my camera stores video as .mov files.

hmmm. well i had 3gp files off my phone so i got a free converter. mov to avi should work aswell so google around then try. if not then i wonder what else there is

Back
Top Bottom