how to rip DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
how do i transfer a movie from a dvd to my computer? is there a program thats used to rip? and which is best?

DVD Decrypter and DVD-TO-MPEG, the dvd decrypter will copy the disc on to you'r HDD, the DVD-TO-MPEG V2.0 will turn into.. well, mpeg.

I dunno how that program works though (the 2'nd one)

If you wish to copy a DVD Movie into you'r computer as a whole you won't be needing it anyway, if you want however to burn those dvd's into another dvd-cd then DVDShrink is you'r BEST option, I use it for that stuff its great and totaly free.

So, summary:

DVD Decrypter if you want to copy DVD's as a whole DVD onto you'r HDD.

DVD-TO-MPEG V2.0 if you want to turn the DVD's you copied into you'r HDD into an MPEG.

DVDShrink if you intend to burn those DVDs into discs without converting them to anything (So they will remain a DVD-format movies) - for this program you don't need dvd decrypter, its a standalone program.

You'r welcomed, if you choose to use that program DVD-TO-MPEG send me a PM I think I have something that might help you.

i dont think ill be needing that, i just wanna rip and burn, so all i will need is DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink right?

if you just want to burn from dvd-rom to a dvd-cd then you just need DVD Shrink.

DVD Decrypter will only copy it on to you'r HDD but it won't be so great if you intend to burn it into another DVD-cd later...

-Jo.

You need DVD Shrink if you are copying from a Dual Layer disk to a Single layer disk.

DVD Decrypter can burn and rip DVDs.

dual layer wll be up to 9GB, single layer is limited to 4.6 or 4.7GB

just check the size before you rip

Yeah, what horndude said.

It sucks because you have to compress the dual layer DVD to fit on a single layer DVD, so there is a loss in quality. Depending in how high end your equipment is, and how picky you are when it comes so quality, you may notice a difference, you may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom