How to repair leather desk chair?

For durability you want a proper fabric covered office chair, the decent ones have very durable fabric which will last a decade+ of intensive use. unfortunately they are rather expensive, spend any less than about £150 and you're throwing your money away and the proper ones start at about £250.

One good way to tell a decent chair is to look at the seat cushion, it should be cold moulded and very deep e.g. 4 inches, it should feel hard to press, if its like 1.5 inches and feels soft then the cushion will be ****ed inside 2 years.

Last edited:
One good way to tell a decent chair is to look at the seat cushion, it should be cold moulded and very deep e.g. 4 inches, it should feel hard to press, if its like 1.5 inches and feels soft then the cushion will be ****ed inside 2 years.
If I decide to buy a new chair one of these days, I'll remember that. The cushion on this chair was about 2 inches thick and soft when I bought it and it's really flat now. It's worn down to not much more than a wood base covered with a layer of fake leather fabric.

Back
Top Bottom