How to recover files after infected with zaqi ransomware

NameRectified

Beta member
Hello,

Today morning I installed a file and I ran it as administrator (the biggest mistake of my life :( , few minutes later my system was getting really slow so I force restarted my system and after signing in, now all the files are with zaqi extension and almost every file has a readme text document saying that the files can be recovered if I pay them 980$ and if i contact them and be willing to pay within 72 hrs they would give me a discount of 50% (? heights of them playing with my files and asking for money)

So does anyone have a solution to recover my files (please don't suggest me to pay the ransom)

Thanks for your help

Hello,

Today morning I installed a file and I ran it as administrator (the biggest mistake of my life :( , few minutes later my system was getting really slow so I force restarted my system and after signing in, now all the files are with zaqi extension and almost every file has a readme text document saying that the files can be recovered if I pay them 980$ and if i contact them and be willing to pay within 72 hrs they would give me a discount of 50% (? heights of them playing with my files and asking for money)

So does anyone have a solution to recover my files (please don't suggest me to pay the ransom)

Thanks for your help
Thanks for your answer, I have tried this software but it shows an error, "the key may be an online one"(or something like that)
So I haven't been able to recover yet

This MAY help.

https://geeksadvice.com/remove-zaqi-ransomware-virus/

Worth a try. If you get rid of the virus etc mebbe you should be thinking about backing up your files in future to somewhere that isn't your hard drive and doesn't stay connected to your pc like a usb hdd or the cloud. And if you are successful I wouldn't bother trying to get things to work afterwards. I would wipe the drive and do a FULL re-install.

This MAY help.

https://geeksadvice.com/remove-zaqi-ransomware-virus/

Worth a try. If you get rid of the virus etc mebbe you should be thinking about backing up your files in future to somewhere that isn't your hard drive and doesn't stay connected to your pc like a usb hdd or the cloud. And if you are successful I wouldn't bother trying to get things to work afterwards. I would wipe the drive and do a FULL re-install.
Thanks for your suggestion

Right-click the file or folder, and then select Restore previous versions. You'll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. The list will include files saved on a backup (if you're using Windows Backup to back up your files) as well as restore points, if both types are available.

Regards,
Peter

To get older versions of a file or folder, just right-click on it and choose "Restore previous versions." You'll see a list of past versions, like copies from backups (if you use Windows Backup) and checkpoints if they're there.

Back
Top Bottom