how to Prevent Network monitoring at home?

snpgotyou

Beta member
Hey everyone.

I have something on my mind thats making me paranoid.

Network monitoring.

I operate on windows XP. And I'm connected to the internet through a linksys router at my home. There are about a hand full of people also connected through the same router.

My concern is that someone might be monitoring others and me through the router.

I did some research on network monitoring and there are plenty of network monitoring software available, which only adds to my paranoia. (ex. Give Me Too)

What i want to know is if there is anything i can do to detect and or prevent those services.

I would really appreciate it if you can provide any information so i can maintain my privacy and cure me from my paranoia.

I thank you in advance for any information.

~G.Y

Dude, is this wired or wireless? Also, by reading this thread sounds like you want to know how to sniff network traffic

I did some research on network monitoring and there are plenty of network monitoring software available, which only adds to my paranoia. (ex. Give Me Too)

If you want to prevent your network traffic from getting 'sniffed/captured' you don't need to know the programs that actually do the capturing. ;)

What i want to know is if there is anything i can do to detect and or prevent those services.

Use TOR & Privoxy & Vidalia. for encrypting your own network traffic. Tor uses SSL to encrypt data, so you don't have to worry about script kiddies capturing your clear-text data like some protocols. ;)

Cheers,
0x0161

Back
Top Bottom