How to plug Digital Camcorder to my pc?

DJM1972

Baseband Member
I was thinking about buying a camcorder but I noticed that the one I was interested in conected with a firewire. So I looked on the back of my pc and didn't see anywhere to plug in a Firewire. I looked in my motherboard manual and I seen where I have, IEEE 1394 chip and firewire 1 and 2 motherboard connections with 10 prongs. I think I need a Host PCI card in order to Plug a Camcorder in.

Does anyone know about this? :confused:

Do I need a PCI card, because I don't want to buy a Digital Camcorder and not be able to plug it in.

Thanks

yep you do need to buy one for that camcorder if you have no firewire currently, they are about £10 and up

firewire07.jpg

That is what a firewire port looks like. If you dont see on on the back of your case then you dont have one despite what your manual will say.

In that case you need to get a PCI firewire card. When I bought mine it was around 17 bucks or so.

Thanks guys, went to 3 other forums and posted and none of them answered me. Maybe its the way I had them worded.
Any way thats all I wanted to know thanks :)

Tru Tru....Question Airox...Did you open up your PC and take out that firewire port...How kind

computer_noob said:
Tru Tru....Question Airox...Did you open up your PC and take out that firewire port...How kind

No thats a pic I stole from google. My arm isnt that hairy. lol :D

Back
Top Bottom