how to overclock a amd athlon xp 2000+

HaloMaster20041

In Runtime
I need to overclock: amd athlon xp 2000+ :(

hey everybody, how's it going? as you all know i need to overclock my proccesor, it is now currently at 1.7Ghz , I would like to overclock it to at least 2.0Ghz...can somebody teach me how? please :confused: :p

It seems as though you're really anxious to get that 2000 overclocked, so here I go.

When you boot up your computer, press Delete before windows starts, that will bring you to the BIOS screen.
From there, locate a sub-menu that contains within it the core voltage, FSB, and multipliers.

I wouldn't mess with the multipliers just yet (messing with them can cause severe system instability)crashes

Try to find the Front Side Bus in that folder, it will have it set at (133)MHz x 2, what you want to do is set the FSB a couple notches above normal, lets say maybe a 135 MHz FSB x 2, giving you a 270 MHz FSB and an over clocked processor!

Don't over clock too far, try to stay realistic, a 300 MHz gain is alot, but I can help you achieve it if you have proper cooling.Reply with what make/model CPU heatsink & fan you have, then we'll work from there..

If you don't know you could test the HS&F by touching it after overclocking, if it's hot to the touch(I mean HOT) clock back down, as long as your processor runs warm/hot you'll be fine.

Just do what I posted above.
Don't touch the multipliers.Just the FSB.especially if your fan is stock.

Good job, keep increasing the FSB until it starts to get hot, then stop.
Remember, only increase in small incraments, 5 MHz max per session.
DON'T FORGET TO KEEP CHECKING! THIS WILL PREVENT THE CPU FROM BEING DAMAGED.

My recommendation is to go for a goal of 142 MHz FSB x 2(but not all at once, take it slow, and feel around your case for any heat increases, particularly around the chipset(should be right next to your processor around the AGP slot.(on most mobos, it has a heatsink on it)

GOOD LUCK MAN! :D

Re: I need to overclock: amd athlon xp 2000+ :(

HaloMaster2004 said:
hey everybody, how's it going? as you all know i need to overclock my proccesor, it is now currently at 1.7Ghz , I would like to overclock it to at least 2.0Ghz...can somebody teach me how? please :confused: :p
Overclocking, overclocking, overclocking - the day I realise the need for Overclocking is the day I kill myself.

why don't you like it? there IS a risk you cam harm your computer, but as long as you take the necessary precautions, then you really don't have to worry about it..I'm not really overclocking to show off. I just need the preformance I need until I can buy better hardware next week...that is all.

hope you understand what im goin trough, My money is exact for my needs. I have to pay for my studies and I have to pay for almost everything except the house cuz im living with my dad...and he is going to let me go when i turn 18 next may. so there you have it! Im on my own. that's real life for ya.

thanx 4 the tip HaloMaster2004

Back
Top Bottom