How to optimize sub pages on a fast changing content network?

Tonberry1985

Beta member
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am trying to get some feedback on my SEO efforts on a new webproject - geopieces [dot] com

What I already did: optimize metas, headline structure, force alt texts for images and language attributes

The major problem is that the site uses Pins on the map to show content which are then opened in popovers. The title of the popover is already forced as an H1 and metadescription is taken from the text itself (basically empty meta google decides on the snippet)
But using this structure a proper XML sitemap is out of reach and it is really hard to optimize the content pages.

Does anyone have experience with optimizing such fast changing sub content pages

Any help is appreciated.

I have checked the page source, they lack proper meta, the "meta content" repeated many times and "meta keyword" missing. No proper "DOCTYPE". It should be properly written to make your site better for SE.

The unique pages on the site all have different meta content (all that have follow links from the main page)
On dynamic content pages the meta content is parsed from the user generated content.
There are two meta entries on a site because one is the meta and one is the Open Graph for Social bookmarking, distribution etc.

Meta Keywords are completely ignored by google in the SERP Rankings, I don´t see the point in allocating time to these.

The page is based on html5 and the doctype used is <!DOCTYPE html>

When serving as text/html, all you need a doctype for is to trigger standards mode. Beyond that, the doctype does nothing as far as browsers are concerned.
When serving as text/html, whether you use XHTML markup or HTML markup, it's treated by browsers as HTML.So, really it comes down to using the shortest doctype that triggers standards mode (<!DOCTYPE html>) and using HTML markup that produces the correct result in browsers.The rest is about conforming, validation and markup prerference.With that said, using <!DOCTYPE html> now and trying to make your markup conform to HTML5 is not a bad idea as long as you stick to stable features that work in browsers now. You wouldn't use anything in HTML4 or XHTML 1.x that doesn't work in browsers, would you?In other words, you use <!DOCTYPE html> with HTML4-like markup while honoring things that have been clarified in HTML5. HTML5 is about browser compatibility after all.

Therefore I don´t see your point concerning the doctype, could you elaborate your statement?

When optimizing a web site, you should apply on page optimization techniques to all pages - optimizing URLs, meta tags, title tags, etc. From an off page optimization perspective, I place the majority of my time on the home page. Sub page optimization should include some off page link building (article submission, bookmarking, etc.) but the emphasis should be on on-page optimization. Unfortunately we don't have unlimited time or budgets to do a lot of off page optimization for the sub pages so I recommend carefully choosing the keywords for those sub pages by finding keywords with less competition. If done correctly an 80/20 split for the subpages of onpage optimization/off page optimization, should do the trick. Alternatively, your index page should be supported with a 20/80 split of onpage/offpage

Back
Top Bottom