How to make an HD Camcorder?

jaywash

Baseband Member
I need an HD camera for my YouTube videos, but I can't afford one, I've seen a Canon digital camera with 720p recording for $110 but I can't afford even that. So I was wondering if you guys could help me learn how to make my own, because it's usually cheaper to make on than buy one (how else would companies make money). If you can offer and help at all please do.

Well this just piqued my interest, I've NEVER heard of someone making their own camera, outside of MIT and CM students making a giga pixel camera. Googling turned up nothing on DIY cameras themselves, but there is plenty on accessories like stableizers and waterproofing and other mounts/dollies/gimbals/etc.
Building a camera sounds like building a laptop, or tablet to me. You'll have a bunch of components that you'll have to cram into a tiny case.

Last edited:
You can't just build a camera. It's not that easy. The amout of work and effort you'll put into it and the cost of all the parts will all total way more than just $110.

Yes it isn't easy, you have go out and get parts and materials, then in order for the camera to work you need to write software so that it has an interface so you can take photos and videos and delete them, it isn't something that you can do in one day..

Make a camera?

As already mentioned, too costly and too time consuming.

And even if it does workout to be cheaper, it would be quicker just to save up for a reasonable one

Back
Top Bottom