! How to make a computer invisible in wireless network?

NiemeN

Beta member
hi,

that's the issue (for me:)!

how to make a computer invisible in wireless network?

greetz!
/Niemeen!

Well the only way to make it invisible is to take it off the network. because if it is on the same network they will see it

If you dont want other computers gaining access to this particular computer, you can always change the permissions so that they cant gain access.

It all depends....if you just want to make your wireless invissible you can go into your wireless router and turn off broadcast ssid. That way your neighbors will not "SEE" your network. Now having said that , that is not a security measure because there are programs like net stumbler that will send out discovery packets that will find your wireless. The only way to protect your wireless is with encryption...that is enabled through your router and in the workstation wireless card.....set the router for the strongest setting that your card will accept... wep encryption is good wpa is better.

Some routers have a setting that will make all the wireless computer on the network invisible to each other. My router has this feature. Us Robotics USR 5461

ussvoyager74656 said:
Some routers have a setting that will make all the wireless computer on the network invisible to each other. My router has this feature. Us Robotics USR 5461

Your computers can never truly be invisible :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Your computers can never truly be invisible :)

yea they can... as long as they are not on the internet, and if they are not, they still arent invisible. if you can see it, so can someone else :D make a "cloaking" device for it LOL

Back
Top Bottom