How to get the best sound quality?

Yes. Hip-Hop, dubstep, techno, rap. However, I don't want to have to use an amp.

I just noticed in Itunes I can convert my 320kbps mp3 files to Apple Lossless files. I wonder if this would make a difference?

Unless iTunes aquires a different lossless version of the audio file from their servers, it won't. It will sound the same.

External headphone amps have come along way, and you can get a pretty good sounding system with $200 for Headphones and another $200 for a dac and amp....like the schlitt magni....modi

Or a good soundcard with a nice headphone amp built in.

You can get some nice cans for $200....especially if you get them 2nd hand.

My son has recently got his hands on a 2nd hand pair of Grado 225i and an Asus Essence STX soundcard, also 2nd hand.

Has roughly $265 in the card and cans and the sound is pretty impressive to say the least.

Download Foobar or jet Audio and you are all set.

Last edited:
Unless iTunes aquires a different lossless version of the audio file from their servers, it won't. It will sound the same.

You were right. I left both copies of each song on my Ipod and they didn't sound any different.

External headphone amps have come along way, and you can get a pretty good sounding system with $200 for Headphones and another $200 for a dac and amp....like the schlitt magni....modi

Or a good soundcard with a nice headphone amp built in.

You can get some nice cans for $200....especially if you get them 2nd hand.

My son has recently got his hands on a 2nd hand pair of Grado 225i and an Asus Essence STX soundcard, also 2nd hand.

Has roughly $265 in the card and cans and the sound is pretty impressive to say the least.

Download Foobar or jet Audio and you are all set.

Interesting. I am going to try to sell my current headphones and if I can't I might even just keep them for when I go somewhere and I'll invest $400 or $500 in a headphone set up like yours.

Back
Top Bottom