How to get around a blocked site

dickibobboy

In Runtime
my son wants to go on a couple od sites at school he wants to go on this one and another forum site but the school has blocked it to all the pupils(the schools computers are networked so he can log onto any computer with his name) is there a way he can get around the blocking of the site he does have a memory stick if that is anyuse

The way i get around these blocked sites in school is, i have Knoppix on a cd, and i just boot fromt the cd, and all sites are unblocked.

Knoppix is a bootable Linux that runs off the cd.

the problem is the computers only work when they are connected to the server and thats where all there work is saved when they log onto any computer it gets all the stuff from that

Yea, I have the same thing in my school. Well if your using knoppix, you wont be able to access your stuff, or save things into your part of the server.
So i just use it for surfing the net, and if i need to save anything, i put it on my mp3.

Edit: You need to boot from the CD so that it works.

how do i go about booting from a cd never done it befor what does he do? also you can download it from the site for free i have a cd burner what do i do to but in so it works?

Okay Well, to boot from the CD, you put the cd in the drive and restart the computer, while it's restarting you have to press one of the Fnumbers, i think it's F12. So when u restart the computer, just keep pounding on the Fnumbers until there's a screen asking you where you want to boot from. You choose CD-Drive.

Okay, so you download it from the site. It's an .iso file, so to burn it, you chose Burn Image.

Back
Top Bottom