How to *fix* scratched records

My Step Dad is a DJ and has over 5000 Records in teh basement along with 2 custom made 450 watt Towers and a custom made scratch board

I don't know if I can still find a vinyl recorder and some empty vinyls...would be so cool to do some home made vinyls...

I saw an original Edison phonograph in an antique shop a couple years back for $400. It was in kinda bad shape but still very nice. I'm still kicking myself for not buying that.

I just discovered this and felt like sharing this tip, in case anyone here needs it.

Well my record player scratched my Abbey Road album, causing it to skip in eight places. By skip I mean infinitely loop the same three seconds until I poked the arm. Anyway I figured out how to fix it. What you must first do is identify where the skip is. Next. take a razorblade (or something else thats extremely sharp) and heat it up with a lighter. Then take it and drag it with a VERY slight amount of pressure along the groove right where the skip is. This will cause it to make a pop noise, but at least the album will play through.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU KILL YOUR ALBUMS!!!

IDK if I'm the only person here who even listens to them anymore but whatever... if you have any, this is how to make them work again.
An exacto knife works well too.

I might even have the old record they gave out at McDonalds wayyyyy back in the day for the song about the big mac. "2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a seame seed bun"......LOL

Oh dear God...Mc D's (McDonald) had a vinyl...oh please...
Yeah, it was some sort of contest where you had to learn the song and then sing it and you win who knows what. But they gave out records so people could learn the song!

Oh, I found another way to fix them. You can also use a really old (as in metal needle) record player, and let it play right where the skip is. Only at the skip, as it degrades 33 RPM albums horribly. This way, you don't end up with a pop.

Back
Top Bottom