how to find/generate license key

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the company is still in business contact them. They should be able to pull up the records of the sale and be able to get you the information you need.

Unless they are stingy and tell you to buy the software again. :p

If the company is still in business contact them. They should be able to pull up the records of the sale and be able to get you the information you need.

Unless they are stingy and tell you to buy the software again. :p

I think he tried that, and they wanted him to buy another key.

Honestly, if this is for your work, you're probably better off either buying a key, or using an alternative program. If you can't get hold of your legit key, then the only way to use the program would be illegally. I'm sure your boss doesn't want you using illegal software for work purposes.

You can argue that you did buy a key, so it would be legal, however you bought just that .. a KEY, so without that key you no longer own anything.

I know, better to bite the bullet and buy. But it's a matter pf principle. Although we have no written EULA for the original software so it may not be transferable anyway. Stupid budget.

I don't know about cheaper. Hospital software isn't usually cheap anyway. Ever. We have one program that we have to pay $250 for the vendor to install. We are not allowed to do anything with it. If the PC crashes or the program itself craps out, we have to pay them another $250 to install it again. Plus if we have to call their support line, we get billed for that too.

Some medical software I have had experience with you have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of running their software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom