How to disable Internet Connection on a Workgroup computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazmir

Solid State Member
My friend has 6 computers all on a Workgroup. He has a router and a switch. He is looking for easiest way to disable Internet connection on all but 2 of the computers. He wants communication among the computers, but 4 of them would not be able to connect to the Intenet. Is there an easy way to do this?

(edit)
He wants 4 out of 6 computers NOT to be able to connect online.

I guess the easiest way is to leave DNS and gateway servers blank. That way computers can communicate in a Workgroup but can't access Internet. :)

Why does he still need ICS when he has a router and switch that he can use?

I'm unsure what to tell you but it shouldn' be that hard to just plug the computer into the router and it should be a snap getting online, but I'm unclear about the other 2 computer and why he still need ICS.

Can you provide for us the model of Router & Switch that your friend is using? There could be features in the router that can enable the 4 hosts to be denied internet access.

Hi, assuming the computers are connected to internet through a Local Area Netowirk via Router, with with outer router and modem . Your friend will have to unplug the cables connecting to the router from computer and they will not have access to internet.

Please give a bit more information about your issue then we would be able to help you better. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom