how to delete startup items?

ibanez7

Solid State Member
Hi !
I've deleted a bunch of programs and files no longer needed an am wondering if there's a way to delete start up items in the system configuration utility. Thanks for any input. :)

I guess first make sure they aren't in the startup folder ;P Next, MSconfig is a great utility that came with 98(and I think ME) If you have 2000 or XP, you could look for it on the net and download it. You get a couple errors because some files arn't used that MSConfig alters, but you still can change the startup settings.

Hijackthis is another program you can get if you REALLY want to clean things up, but you have to be careful what you delete...

Hi.
Just would like to know how do i find the start up folder? I do have msconfig that's where i go check the startup entry items an right clicking on items does not give me a delete function. i've unchecked the startup items that i deleted but they still show there ever though are not there or checked.Thanks for the info.

hijackthis should completely remove them. MSConfig simply disables them, which is nice if oyu ever decide you need them again.

As for the startup folder, it's Start > Programs > Startup ;P Not many things are in there anymore though...

regedit dude...

start, run, regedit.

goto

current_user/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run

and

local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run

thats all the crap that loads with windows.

*be carefull what you delete in the registry, stick to the run folder, k

Back
Top Bottom