How to connect Gmail to Outlook

uceicko

Baseband Member
Connect Gmail to Outlook

It is possible to set up your gmail account to outlook, so that you can access your gmail locally without logging to your online gmail account. You can access email at outlook account on your laptop/desktop, and leave the email on your gmail account on internet.

There are three steps: (1) configure Outlook 2007 for your Gmail address; (2) create a new email account in the outlook; (3) if you have multiple email account, create a new folder to save your emails from your gmail account.

Step 1: Enabling POP in the gmail setting
0009.png

A: Go to gmail setting, and then enable POP function in your account. This function will let you be able to access your gmail account without going on internet, i.e., a copy of your email is in the outlook.

B: this will enable you be able to have a choice of whether (1) deleting emails after the your outlook received the emails, or (2) keeping a copy of the your email in your gmail account, i.e., when you logon your gmail account on internet, you can still access your emails.

I normally keep a copy of the email in gmail account just in case.

Step 2: Create new account in your outlook

0002.png

Go to “Tool” --> “Accounting Setting” if you are using outlook 2007. (If not, this should be “Tool” -->”E-mail accounts”.

0001.png

A new page shown, and click on “New”

0003.png

Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP

Then followed the instruction and filled up your account and password. It will start to processing and would show the following screen.

0004.png

Step 3: Creating a new folder to store emails from your gmail account

While one might have more than one email account these days, I personally like to create a new folder to store all the emails from one email account – which makes it easy to manage the emails. Go to “Tool” -->”Account Setting” again, and you should see your newly established gmail account there. Click on your account and then there is a “change folder” at the bottom.

0005.png

Clink on “new outlook data file” --> choose type of outlook storage (either should be fine) -->and then following the instruction shown. You will need to choose where to store the file as well as your gmail login and password.

0006.png

Your finished! Start receiving your gmail account on your outlook.

Thanks for the guide. Please note this user is my wife and she will be writing guides for the site every now and then :)

Not to sound like a suckup but thats a really well written guide better than the website I used like 4 years ago when I set mine up..

Back
Top Bottom