How to choose between monitors with same specs?

ezio313

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm on a tight budget, I live in Lebanon and therefore dont have a wide variation of options. After Doing some research, I decided t og with a gaming monitor having that is 24inch, 1080p and 144hz. After watching and reading some reviews I went with a used ViewSonic XG2401 144hz 24 monitor (120$). However after some usage I didn't like it, I had an ips 60hz monitor before.

The main bummer was the colors, compared to my old ips monitor, the colors feel dull and my eyes hurt, there is no life to them, I tried tweaking the settings but nothing changed. but to be honest maybe all tn panels are similar, I don't know.
Also that the best settings for gaming are not good for reading, and you cant save certain preset like ZOWIE XL2540.
What I loved is the built in mics and the adjustability.

The title says it, im looking for 24inch 1080p 144hz TN monitors. So many options from many brands with same specs, I'm lost and thus looking for your advice on what to look for beyond specs, manufacturing date? Brand?

For me when faced with this dilemma I go to the reviews for the choices, both those by review sites as well as those posted by people who have purchased them. Be aware that some sites will make a positive review because they are paid for it but you can weed out the chaff by checking several sites. The same can be said about personal reviews with some of them being fake. You will also have some one star reviews where the person is an idiot and didn't know how to install/use the product, and some five star reviews from fanboys.

Good luck in your search.

The title says it, im looking for 24inch 1080p 144hz TN monitors. So many options from many brands with same specs, I'm lost and thus looking for your advice on what to look for beyond specs, manufacturing date? Brand?
Since you originally had an IPS monitor you will always have the same problems with any TN panel you go with unfortunately. I would say look for a VA panel as they are the middle ground.

For me when faced with this dilemma I go to the reviews for the choices, both those by review sites as well as those posted by people who have purchased them. Be aware that some sites will make a positive review because they are paid for it but you can weed out the chaff by checking several sites. The same can be said about personal reviews with some of them being fake. You will also have some one star reviews where the person is an idiot and didn't know how to install/use the product, and some five star reviews from fanboys.

Good luck in your search.
The issue is that the ViewSonic has overwhelming positive reviews on amazon. i found 4 monitors with similar prices, is any of these worth upgrading from? if yes which one?

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/5a73208940

Last edited:
The Benq and the Lenovo are your best options out of that list but with them all being TN panels you'll have the same issues with all of those selections that you're having now.

The Benq and the Lenovo are your best options out of that list but with them all being TN panels you'll have the same issues with all of those selections that you're having now.
I found this used SVA panel for same price(150$), the downside compared to the ViewSonic is that it is curved with no height adjustments and speakers.
displayspecifications.com/en/model/5e083aa
There is also this for 180$, the main advantage is the 1080p or 1440p on 24inch option, so in demanding competitive games i can use 1080p and on less demanding games go for 1440p. I have i510400 with 6600xt (3060)
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/e1a5208a64

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom