How this works... please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaBay

Baseband Member
I don't know how this works... please help.

I have the web-based application hosted at the hosting company, but I don't want to have my database host there, I want database at my local office. Is it can be done? can ASP.NET be able to open connection string to my local office database here?

If the web users upload files via that web application, is it possible that I can save those files to the server at my local office? or It have to save to hoster server then I ftp down to my local server?

Thanks,
AL.

Can it be done? Most likely. How? I have no idea with ASP.net ;).

You will likely have problems with your offices firewall, so before you make an attempt, make sure the appropriate ports are open.

As far as files, yes you can transfer files directly to a remote computer, but that would defeat the purpose of hosting remotely. Remote hosting provides:

1) Redundant power and connectivity (for uptime)
2) Redundant data storage (for data integrity)
3) High speed, low latency connectivity (for high speed)

When you start placing more and more components of your web site on a remote, slow speed, non-redundant location, you place a bottleneck of not only speed, but also security and storage integrity.

Maybe there are some ASP.net gurus here that can help out. Might want to try the programming forum.

That's going to seriously slow down your site unless you have VERY fast (10mbps+) connection. If you have that fast a connection, just run a server.

What kind of web based application is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom